Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can't Wait


My Olympic journey starts in about one week.  On the morning of February 1st, I will board an airplane from Ontario and will arrive to start my volunteer effort with the Games.

My first appointment is with accreditation and uniforming at the PNE grounds.  It will be a proud moment when I get to put on the VANOC uniform.  I can't wait.  Assuming that it all goes smoothly, my first work shift is at 7 am the next morning.

I have been watching the torch travel across the country and now see it is getting very close to Vancouver. Everytime I turn on the television, there are more news reports on the Games.  Now, most of the Olympic teams have being named....this whole dream is close to becoming reality.

Given how excited I am....I can't even imagine how these athletes feel.

To keep up with all of the news, I have posted a link to the TSN/CTV website (www.ctvolympics.ca).  There are some great stories here.

Glenn

No comments: