Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

G14

Fourteen golds. G14 for short.

The most gold medals of any country at the Vancouver Games. Not bad for a country and a program (Own the Podium) that many people left for dead last week.

In week two, Canadian athletes showed their mettle. Today's hockey game was emblematic of the drive and tenacity needed to succeed.

The atmosphere is crazy. I have never seen as many flags and Canadian hockey jerseys as I have seen today. I have never seen patriotism like this. A spontaneous version of O' Canada erupted at the street corner as we waited for the lights to change.

I watched the game from the Olympic Village. Funny, but it went quiet as of 12 noon. Everyone was inside watching the game.

Great work Team Canada. Great work Sidney Crosby on the overtime goal.

G14.

I'm standing in line at the concession at BC Place, ready to buy 4 beers at $9 per and I'm happy. Really happy.

I'll write more after the closing ceremonies. I think I'm going to pee myself I'm so excited.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:BC Place

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's actually G14 but still an impressive haul. I enjoyed your blog very much!