Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Olympic Queues

Well, I have encountered my first event of the Games and I have also survived the Olympic queue. Queue for the SkyTrain, queue for the security screening, queue to get in the building, queue for the bathroom and now, queue for the food.

There is security everywhere. Police are apparent and I have gotten used to metal detectors. Everyday when I enter the Village, I empty my pockets, I submit my bag for x-Ray and I walk through the detector. I have it down to a science.

So, I am programmed to queue and submit to screening.  It is good for the safety of the athletes, but perhaps not so good for the spectators.  Queues......necessary but sometimes a pain.

Interesting.

More on the Opening Ceremonies later.....much later....after Friday's real ceremonies.  We were sworn to secrecy, as a condition of getting to view the dress rehearsal for the Opening Ceremonies.  This blog writer isn't going to be the one who breaks the surprises.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:BC Place

No comments: