Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Day 14: Off to Victoria

Today I'm off duty at the Olympic Games and am traveling to Victoria to meet with our Vancouver Island CMC members for lunch.

But I hope I don't miss the womens gold medal hockey game or Joannie Rochette's courageous skate tonight.

Team Canada was pummeled by the media and fickle citizens last week. The "Own the Podium" program has been questioned but I do recall OTP CEO, Roger Jackson, saying before the Games that the second week will be much stronger for our athletes. How right he was.

Yesterday tied the record for the most medals won by Canadians in any Olympic Games. Outsanding performances were had in speed skating, short track, bobsleigh and hockey.

Speaking of hockey - what a display of power and domination by the mens Team Canada. It is hard to believe that we tied the Swiss in regulation, last week.

I watched the game at the sports bar, Sin Bin, with a plethora of Canucks fans. Exciting. "Lou!!!!"

Finally, I'm pumped because my sons arrive tonight for a short visit to the Games. I want them to be able to say, "I was there."

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:YVR

No comments: