Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

My Volunteer Role at the Olympic Games


Well, I'm headed to the airport for my flight to Vancouver on Air Canada.  As soon as I land, I'm off to accreditation and uniforms at the PNE grounds.  I'll report more on this after I get through the process.

Tomorrow, on Tuesday February 2nd at 7 am, I'll do my first shift at the reception desk at the Polyclinic (medical clinic) in the Vancouver Athletes Village.

If you are wondering what my responsibilities are....I will be the first point of contact as athletes enter the clinic.  Here is a photo of Ben and Rob Stewart showing me how I should appear....friendly, welcoming and an ambassador of Canada.

By the way, Rob is one of the key directors at VANOC, who has been planning for these Olympic Games for many years. He is on secondment from the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.  Rob is a great friend and an old classmate of mine, from the Richard Ivey School of Business.

Ben is a budding athlete - he plays lacrosse, soccer, hockey and he is a great skier.

No comments: